Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How It All Came To Be!

Having my first child brought with it all kinds of adorable baby stuff - car seats, strollers, bedding, bottles, and so much more. Addison was born with a full head of hair that just kept growing, so bows were not just an accesory, but a necessity. I was spending a fortune on bows at baby boutiques when I was hit with the idea to make them myself. My attempt at being crafty started by making bows for Addison. I had fun doing it and kept trying to come up with fun color combinations, and of course, they got bigger and bigger! After mastering the bows, I started to think that maybe, just maybe, I could be crafty. I tried my hand at making some burpcloths and I loved it. After much research and begging, I convinced those that love me most to pitch in and get me a sewing/monogramming machine for my birthday. I jumped in with both feet, learned everything I could (I'm still learning), and started making gifts for friends. After a short amount of time, people started wanting to buy gifts for themselves and for their friends, and so Gifts Sew Sweet was born!

This blog is a work in progress, and I will be adding stuff all the time, so check back frequently. Soon I will have all of my fabric options as well as pictures of all of the personalized items that I have made so you can get some ideas. Everything is totally personalized, so you pick the item, the fabric, the font, etc... Fun shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Everything looks awesome! Can't wait to order some things for DT & Charlie - I would monogram everything in my house if I could!

    ReplyDelete